Tuesday, July 24, 2018

After the Longest Time, An Update.

It's been two years since I made my last post on this blog, and there was no shortage of chaos in between. My life since entering college feels like a bowl of soup, with random ingredients being dropped in and mixed without any prior warning or plans.

Looking at my earlier posts makes me cringe but also brings me back to a time in my life where I felt a lot of excitement and very little responsibility. 2015-2016 was a time clouded with good memories and dumb decisions, where I started going to shows and making friends with people in the scene. Unfortunately, I've neglected to record most of it, but maybe with this blog I can stay back on track.

During college I made sure to keep an open mind and keep frequenting shows - my highlights for last year was seeing KISS and Rob Zombie at Chicago Open Air last year and got a chance to interview Nick Woods from my favorite Milwaukee band, Direct Hit!, this year. My challenge has been staying consistent and staying in the habit of keeping in touch with the scene and going to shows.

This blog should not be mistaken as a professional endeavor. The purpose of my blog is to practice writing and make sure to stay in the habit. Music is a passion for me and news writing is an interest I hold dear, so I want to use this blog to keep the two alive in my life.

I will keep posting reviews on old and new albums, write about shows I go to and try to upload interviews I have with musicians and artists. Also on this day, I'm finally 21 so I can go to all the shows now.

I've also had the chance to write for my university newspaper and a small time publication in Milwaukee. To give you an idea of what I've been up to, here are some samples.

Preview for Chicago indie act 'Varsity'

Preview for a band named 'Hop Along'

My proudest achievement, a review on Direct Hit's St. Patrick's Day show with an interview with Nick Woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment